Here's an excerpt from my Social Media Promotion For Musicians book that provides 8 steps that you can use to look inside yourself, your music, or your business to begin to discover your brand.
"1. What name are you using? Am I using a business name or product/service name that’s most comfortable to me now? Can I name the service I provide something other than a generic name? Is the name easy to say and remember?
2. What makes my business or product stand out from everyone else? What do I do? How would I like to be perceived? If you’re a service business, list your core specialties, then narrow it down to 3, then narrow it to 1. If you have a product, list its benefits, then narrow it down to 3, then narrow it to 1.
3. Who do I wish to serve? How do I do it? Describe the people that you currently do business with or are your customers. Describe the people you would like to do business with, or the customers you’d like to attract.
4. What is the current image of the business or product? How do my current customers describe it? Ask a variety of people, then extract the commonalities.
5. What’s my customer service like? How do people feel when they work or interact with me? How do they feel if they come to me with a problem with a product or service that my businesses has provided?
6. What does my business stand for? Is there a cause I really believe in? What are my values? What really matters to me? What would I never do?
7. What’s the look of the business? What colors represent the business? Is there a certain type of clothing that represents the business? Does the business name or product suggest an image?
8. Is there a current brand that I identify with? Why?"
If you can answer these questions, you're well on your way to not only discovering your brand, but developing it into a powerhouse as well.
You can read more from Social Media Promotion For Musicians and my other books on the excerpt section of bobbyowsinski.com.